Thursday, February 16, 2012

Leaving for DC

Sub plans completed - check. Laundry is done - check- but not folded.  Dishes are washed - check. Bag is packed and sitting by the door - check.  Airline reservation printed and in bag - check. Cash, credit card and sunglasses available - check.  Nook and cell phone charged - check.  Okay, I think I'm ready to head to DC for the orientation conference for Teachers for a Global Classroom.  It starts tonight with an informal dinner and then continues through Friday and into Saturday.  By then I'll have a better idea of who I'm traveling with and what we'll be doing in Ghana.  I'm a bit tentative as I feel underqualified and ill-prepared compared to the colleagues with whom I've been communicating for the past 3 months...but then I always tend to underestimate myself when I compare myself to my peers....... There are just so many awesome educators out there and I feel so very honored to have been chosen to represent them in this program.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here and I feel so very lucky to be at home this morning, rather than in school, to enjoy it.  This winter has been unreal. Honestly, it's been April all winter!  We had a really hard snow yesterday and it was so beautiful that it took my breath away.  Since the temps reached 40F in the afternoon, it all melted.  But I have to say that I rather miss the snow.  I mean, what's the point of winter without a bit of snow and ice to complain about........ok, now I'm sounding like a true native Minnesotan. I think I may have lived here too long :-) Well, you know someone has run out of things to say when they start talking about the weather, so I guess I'll sign off for now and check back in when I have something meaningful to add.....

No comments:

Post a Comment