Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2 - One day to go before departure

Leaving for Ghana tomorrow - TOMORROW!  I can't believe that the time's actually arrived for the big trip.  This has been a  year coming.  Last March I was writing and submitting my application to IREX.  Then in August I got my acceptance.  In December it was confirmed I was actually going to Ghana.  Then in February I met my cohort and refined the agenda and objectives.

I think I'm fully prepared and ready.  My flight leaves around 2:30 tomorrow.  I fly to Chicago, then on to Dulles where I'll met up with the rest of the cohort teachers.  We all fly together on the red-eye to Accra, arriving around 10 am.  Accra is 6 hours ahead of Minnesota, so the total trip will take about 14 hours from Minneapolis to Ghana.  I guess that's not too bad, considering my last trip home from China was a total of 26....and I didn't get a wink of sleep on that one.  I'm equipped with some sleeping pills for this one, so that I don't repeat that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment